To check the NCS school open/close status, please use the following sources:
The school closing status will be posted the evening before or the morning of, between 5:30 am - 7:00 am.
Delayed Start Policy
- The school day will begin two hours after the normal start.
- There will be no morning Latchkey.
- Students are not to arrive to school any earlier than 9:50. Supervision may not be available before 9:50.
- Students arriving prior to 10:10 will wait in the lunchroom. Elementary students will be dismissed by a teacher to their classrooms.
- High School students will go to their lockers at 10:10 and report to their first period class by 10:15.
Family safety is our greatest concern when there are adverse weather conditions. Northside Christian School has students from a large geographical portion of Central Ohio with many variations in the weather. Students will be excused anytime parents deem it unsafe to drive during
adverse weather conditions in their particular area.
In determining whether to delay (two hours) or close school we will consider recommendations of highway and safety forces, road conditions, weather forecast, rush hour traffic and what other area schools are doing.
Please have back-up day care and transportation plans at the beginning of the school year.